The Best Way To Treat Plantar Fasciitis
Plantar fasciitis is mainly a condition which leads to pain in the bottom parts of your heel. It mainly occurs because the plantar fascia has been strained. The plantar fascia is actually a very thin ligament which helps on connecting your heel to the front part of your foot.
When this tissue gets swollen or is inflamed, it will lead to severe pain and the condition is called as plantar fasciitis.
Causes of Plantar Fasciitis
There can be numerous reasons which can lead to this problem and some key ones among them are as follows.
- Excessive strain on the foot because of work which involves too much movement.
- Wearing the wrong kind of shoes which brings in excessive strain on the heel arch and extends the toe in the wrong direction.
- Unexpected and sudden weight gain can also lead to strain of the ligament and thereby lead to plantar fasciitis.
- Those who are born with foot deformity like extremely high arches or even flat feet are likely to suffer from these problems.
Of course, there is no hard and fast rule as to what are the main causes which can lead to these problems and this is why you should pay heed to the symptoms and then decide what seems to be the best remedy for the situation.
The Possible Treatment Methods
Those who are wondering as to what are the best ways by which you could deal with this ailment can make use of these methods.
While these may be ridiculously slow and at the same time, they do not guarantee that you will get rid of soreness in your feet; there is no harm in trying it out.
- If your feet have swollen because of the pain, opt for an ice treatment. Put an ice pack on the swollen area for nearly 15 to 20 minutes and repeat it thrice a day. At the same time, make sure that you are not on your feet all the time.
- Further, you should refrain from wearing heels and you can also use different kinds of arch supports in your shoes.
- If you make it a point to perform exercises every day, either cutting yourself a break or changing them such that they do not harm your feet might be a very good idea.
- Using night splints is an excellent idea. They aim at stretching the plantar fascia ligament and can thereby help in ensuring that these ligaments won’t get too tight.
- If the main cause of planar fasciitis is your weight, you should indulge in excessive weight loss exercises at the earliest.
READ MORE: BEST INSOLES FOR PLANTAR FASCIITIS
In some cases, the pain experienced in your foot may be too strenuous and so you will have to find out the right medical solutions to deal with it as well.
- Painkillers can be administered for temporarily seeking relief from the pain.
- In some cases, when none of the suggested methods seem to be working, doctors may recommend using corticosteroid shots.
- Apart from this, in a few cases, you may even have to resort to surgical procedures. Plantar fascia release is a process wherein a part of the ligament has to be cut and this in turn gives relief from inflammation.
- Sometimes, surgical process may include removing a heel spur or even losing a specific set of nerves as well.
- Further, physical therapy can turn out to be an excellent choice too. There are a lot of people who have managed to completely get rid of the problem with the best set of exercises. Physical therapy is one of the most popular and effective methods which can slowly relax the ligaments and bring you relief.
- If one of the causes of plantar fasciitis is because of excessive walking, you should make it a point to change your lifestyle a little. While walking is a good exercise, sometimes you need to take a little rest just to be sure that you are handling the changes well.
- If you have put on a lot of weight, it is important to shed it at the earliest. It is only when you shed the extra pounds that you can be hopeful of getting some kind of relief from your constant pain.
The Shoes You Wear
There are a lot of people who have terrible buying decisions when it comes to shoes. It is important to find out the best shoes which will be conducive for your use.
There are a lot of insoles which can be found in the market. The insoles vary in design and you can find them specifically for helping those who suffer from plantar fasciitis and even the ones with flat feet or high arches as well.
So, take your time to go through the different details and find out which pair of shoes seems to be the best option for you. You can always keep more than one option handy as it is sure to help you out.
Here are some tips which can come in handy when you are looking to buy the best shoes for treating the problems of plantar fasciitis.
- Never compromise with quality. Wearing inferior quality of shoes is bound to lead to problems and can worsen your condition.
- When you are looking to buy shoes which can help you out, check out the specifics of the shoes. You should buy the ones which come with soft insole and the ones that have been made for planar fasciitis treatment.
- You should try to understand the structure of your feet and then buy shoes which seem to fall in your comfort range.
These are some different aspects which can help you recover from the problems of planar fasciitis. Make sure that you follow these points to speed up your recovery.