How to clean white shoes
White shoes are very popular despite the fact that they get easily murkier. Learning how to clean white shoes will be helpful in protecting the appearance of the shoes, keeping them tidy, and prolonging the life.
Method 1: Cleaning white rubber shoes
- Remove the laces of the shoes. Prepare a soapy mixture with the help of water and liquid detergent. Use a soft cloth to apply the soapy solution to the white part of the shoes.
- With the help of a soft or stiff brush, scrub the surface of the rubber shoes gently.
- Wash the shoes to remove the soapy mixture along with the dirt and debris accumulated on the shoes.
- Use a dry fabric to clean away the water content and allow the shoes to air dry.
Method 2: Cleaning the white shoes with soaps
- With the help of cloth, remove dust and dirt from the white shoes. Ensure that the surface does not have any unwanted materials that could pose a problem while washing.
- Remove the laces from the shoes.
- Rinse the shoes in warm water. Repeat this action for both insides and outside of the shoes.
- Prepare a solution by mixing warm water with common soap. Common solvents include sand soap, hand soap, and dishwashing liquid soap.
- With the assistance of a soft scrub, cleanse every surface of the shoes by using the soap mixture. Ensure that you do not put excessive pressure. Rubbing the surface too hard will damage the shoes. Maintain the same pressure and try to retain the same pressure evenly.
- Remove the soapy mixture by rinsing the running shoes in warm water again. Repeat the action for inside and outside to ensure that the shoe is free from the soap mixture.
- You can use paper towels and stuff the shoes with the same to remove the water content. Paper towels absorb the water and propel the drying process. It is suitable to replace the paper towels from time to time to avoid water clogging. Do not use printed papers or newspapers. The black ink from the pages will ruin the shoes. The paper towels stuffed into the shoes will also help in maintaining the shape of the shoes when they become dry.
Method 3: Cleaning the white shoes with commercial products
Industrial shoe cleaning products are available in the form of creams, sprays, foams, and liquids.
- Before using the commercial product, ensure that the shoe is free from laces. Use several layers of newspaper and place all the required materials before beginning with the process.
- Use pre-cleaner to remove old polish, dirt, and other stubborn marks from the surface of the white walking shoes.
- Choose a soft brush to apply the commercial shoe-cleaning product on the surface. Spread the mixture evenly on the surface of the shoe.
- Set aside the shoe for a specific time.
- Remove the shoe-cleaning product by following the necessary instructions provided on the packet of the product.
Cleaning Tennis Shoes
Cleaning the dirt and removing odor from your tennis shoes will prevent it from spoiling and prolong its lifespan. Gone are the occasions when you had to replace your shoes now and then because they became dirty. It is now possible to clean the tennis shoes and keep it fresh with simple steps.
Step 1: With the help of a stiff brush, remove the dirt and mud clumps from the shoes. If it is not possible to do the process outside, ensure that you do it indoor after placing a few layers of old newspapers.
Step 2: Use tweezers and flat blade knife to remove pebbles and other clumps from the sole of the shoes.
Step 3: Remove the laces from the shoes. It is easier to wash the laces separately than with the shoes.
Step 4: If you use insoles, ensure that you remove it from your tennis shoes. Wash the insoles separately. Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to prevent unwanted damage.
Step 5: Place the shoes in a bucket filled with tepid water.
Step 6: Add drops of liquid detergent to the bucket. Mix the water to dissolve the detergent in the water.
Step 7: Allow the shoes to soak for at least an hour.
Step 8: With a soft bristle brush, scrub the surface of the shoes gently. You do not need to scrub the inside of the shoes, as the soapy water will remove the dirt automatically.
Step 9: Drain the water from the bucket and fill it with fresh water.
Step 10: Immerse the shoes in the fresh water and cleanse to remove the soapy mixture along with the dirt on the surface.
Step 11: Rinse the shoes well and wipe them with a dry cloth.
Step 12: Set aside the shoes in a dry area. Allow the shoes to air-dry. Do not keep them in direct sunlight, as it will damage the cloth material of the shoes.
Step 13: After the insoles are dry, replace them with the shoes. Re-lace the shoes with the washed laces.
Cleaning Suede Boots
Suede boots/shoes are vulnerable and attract a lot of dust, dirt, and stains. It is necessary to clean them to retain their original appearance. The following are the steps that will give you the chance to clean suede boots at home.
Step 1: With a suede brush, remove the dirt, dust particles, and other stains from the surface of the shoes. If the shoes have cleaning/care label, ensure to follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer to make sure that the shoe does not spoil.
Step 2: Ensure that you brush the shoes in the same direction. The action will avoid damage to the surface of the shoes. The amount of pressure that you apply will decide the damage done to the surface. Therefore, it is important to maintain subtle pressure and brush only in one direction.
Step 3: Brush vigorously. The action will help in removing the scuff marks from the surface of the shoes. The action will press the suede grain down in the brushing direction. Lift the grain by brushing vigorously in back and forth direction.
Step 4: it is possible to remove the marks and scuffs with the help of a pencil eraser. You can also buy a suede eraser, specially designed for such an action. Ensure that you apply adequate pressure to remove the stains and marks. You can increase the pressure based on the toughness of the mark.
Step 5: After cleaning the suede shoes, spray a coat of the suede protector to protect your shoes from dirt and stains.
Cleaning leather shoes
Leather shoes and suede leather shoes require special products to clean and retain their original appearance. Carrying out the process every three months will be helpful in keeping their original appearance, and prolong their life. The following steps will provide an opportunity to clean your leather shoes and bring them back to their original life/appearance.
Step 1: Find the material of the leather. Is it finished or unfinished? You can check the tag of the shoes or the shoebox.
Step 2: Use a soft brush to remove cakes of dirt, stains, and other particles from the surface of the shoes. Apply pressure according to the strength and toughness of the shoes.
Step 3: Use a clean dry cloth and scrub the entire face of the shoes.
Step 4: Dampen the cloth lightly. If the shoe uses finished leather, brush the dampen cloth in the direction of the grain. If the shoe uses unfinished leather, use saddle soap and the dampen cloth to get a lather. Wipe the shoes with the lather and clean the stains. Allow the shoes to dry completely.
Step 5: Place the leather shoes in open air. Do not put the shoes in direct sunlight or near a heater. Excessive heat causes cracking and discoloration of the leather, damaging the product.
Step 6: Treat the leather. Apply polish or cream polish with a cloth. Allow the polish to set for a few minutes. Buff the footwear with a dry fabric to produce shine. If you are using untreated leather, apply mink oil with a dry cloth to preserve the condition of the leather. It will also help in extending the lifespan of the leather.
Step 7: Place the leather shoes outside the box. The air will allow the leather shoes to extend their life.
Cleaning sneakers is a great way to protect their life and extend their charm. However, many people have no idea about the process that helps in cleaning the sneakers. The modern time is asking for a modern method that will prevent the sneakers for excessive damage. The following measures will tell you how to clean your sneakers.
Step 1: The process begins by spotting the marks, dirt, and other stubborn particles that are spoiling the appearance of the shoes. It is essential to remove the artificial marks. Use wipes or paper towels to remove the marks. If your sneakers have rubber soles, you can use a magic eraser to remove the dirt and clogged dirt particles.
Step 2: With the help of a soft brush and premium shoe cleaner, produce foam and apply on the surface of the shoes. Scrub gently across the surface. Maintain an even pressure to prevent damage to the surface of the shoes. If you notice stubborn marks, apply added pressure to remove the marks or stains from the surface. Wipe the foam from time-to-time and repeat the process until the surface is clear from all the marks or stains. Allow the shoes to become dry.
Step 3: Laces are the attraction to the sneakers. If your laces are good and are in good shape, you can wash them separately and re-use them. If you notice damage, replace the laces with fresh ones. Before reusing the laces, unlace them and soak them in soapy water. Add liquid detergent in a bucket filled with water. You can use a soft brush to scrub gently and remove the dirt/grease marks from the lace. You can also place them in a garment bag and add it to the hot wash.
Step 4: It is essential for the shoes to become dry naturally. Allow the shoes to air-dry. The natural process will prevent damage to the cloth of the shoes. Do not place the shoes near a heater or a radiator to speed the process of drying. Instead, you can use paper towels to remove excessive water. However, you will have to replace the paper towels from time-to-time to prevent water clogging. Leaving the paper towels within the shoes is also a good idea, as it will allow the shoes to retain their shape. You can use water repellant spray and spray a coat of the solution. It will protect the shoes and prolong the life.
Step 5: Cleaning is an essential activity to extend the life of the shoes. At the same time, storing them appropriately is also important to prolong their life. It is vital to ensure that the shoes receive natural air. The flow of the air will remove moisture formation from the surface of the shoes, which will avoid damage to the material of the sneakers. You can protect the shoes from dirt and dust particles by placing them in dust bags. You can retain them in the original box as they are the best suitable storage area for your shoes.
Video: How to Clean White Shoes
Read more vid
Cleaning shoes is an essential part in extending the lifespan of the shoes. Additionally, the cleaning process of the shoes will help you bring them back to their original condition – bright and shining. The steps discussed in the article will help you learn in detail about how to clean white shoes. White shoes are an important component among different footwear variants. After standing all day, a simple process of cleaning will be helpful in removing the dirt, stubborn marks, and odor from the shoes.